Because to the different times, manufacturers and origin of each vintage piece,
the size indicated on its label may be different to the sizes of today.
So in the features of each vintage clothing, we show an approximate size to
current standards. As it is an approximate information, we always recommend to check
measurements of each garment.
The Bichovintage´s estimated sizes are based on the following equivalences:
To take the measures that we show, we put the garment stretched over a smooth
It is important to note that the measure is always greater than the body
to permit movement, except in the case of knitwear or elastic clothing, that
for their adaptability, they can coincide with the body measures.
It is advisable to compare these measures with a yours garment that you like your
feeling well, considering the type and style of the clothing that you want to buy.
- SHOULDERS: We measure between each shoulder seams.
In the event that the garment has no shoulder seams, we mean that fits any width
and will not be specified measure.
- CHEST: We take this measure from one side to the
other at the height of the armhole.
- ARM: From the armhole to the cuff, stretched sleeve.
- WAIST: We measure the garment at the waist height. If it is
a clothing with elastic waist we indicate unstretched measure (the elastic stretch is normally adjusted to any width of waist)
- HIP: We measure at a height of approximately 20 cm below
waist. If not specified the measure is that the style of the garment allows any
- LEG: We take this measure from the crotch
to the finish of the trousers, usually at the ankle.
- LONG: Corresponds to the measure that between the top of
the garment until the lowest. Usually we take this measure from the back of the garment.
- PERIMETER (HATS AND BERETS): This measure corresponds to the perimeter
of the hole for the head (size). At times are indicated two sizes, maximum and minimum.
- WIDTH (BAGS): With the bag stretched, we measure the width.
- HEIGHT (BAGS): With the bag stretched, we measure the length from the top to
the lowestnot include the handle.